Learning to Soar for Jesus

Learning to Soar for Jesus

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Melody on a Mountaintop: Front and Center

It's easy to hide in the crowd of a big church.

Brentwood Baptist has inordinate amounts of positive aspects--meaty sermons, awe-filled times of worship, sound leadership--not to mention an in-house cafe and basketball court.

Really, there's a reason so many people choose to attend there.

But one of the major drawbacks to being one of thousands of members is just that--you can become a wallflower, and some might never know.

And I felt that way some Sundays.  My parents and I would sit on a pew in the middle of the sanctuary, and I often wondered if I was beginning to blend in with the furniture.

If someone had stuck an empty communion cup in my mouth, thinking that I was a cupholder, I might not have been alarmed.

I became weary of "hiding."  I was there to engulf myself in the Word and rejuvenate my spirit with worship and prayer, and so one morning, I told my mom,

"Why don't we sit on the front row?"

She looked at me peculiarly.

I wanted to be right in the middle of the action.  No distraction of people in front of me.  Lasered in to whatever the Lord might teach my heart in the hour I resided there.

So I clutched my Bible to my chest and walked toward the platform and planted myself on the front row.

Front and center. 

And we remained there for every Sunday to come.

But it didn't click that the importance of "location, location, location," could apply to pew-sitting.
Little did I know, the Lord led me there because it was exactly.

Where.



I.


Was.


Supposed.


To.


Be.

1 comment: